“The Douglas Forest Protective Association has closed fire season on all 1.6 million acres of land protected by DFPA.
- A complete list of DFPA’s Public Use Restrictions can be found online at www.dfpa.net/public-fire-restrictions or by calling DFPA’s 24-hour information line at 541-672-0379. Residents are reminded that additional fire restrictions or closures may be in place through private industrial landowners or public land management agency on the lands they own or manage.”
Examples of outdoor or open burning include: using a burn barrel, burning yard debris, burning construction or demolition debris, burning in incinerators that do not meet emission limits and burning stumps to clear land.
Burning the following materials is illegal any time, anywhere in Oregon:
- Asphalt or industrial waste
- Automotive parts (including frames)
- Dead animals
- Plastic and rubber products
- Waste oil, petroleum treated and related materials
- Wet garbage and food waste
- Any material creating dense smoke or noxious odors
To assist volunteer firefighters and their families that have suffered financial hardship, the Oregon Volunteer Firefighters Association (OVFA) has set up a relief fund. You can contribute to the OVFA Firefighter Relief Fund by visiting their donation webpage at https://ovfa.square.site/.”
On Saturday, May 16, 2020, at approximately 11:00 a.m., an All Car Club Cruise came through our Lookingglass Fire Department parking lot to honor first responders. Our volunteers opened up the doors, got the rigs out, and returned greetings as 70-100 cars of all types came through town (Classics, Corvettes, Mustangs, MOPARs, hot rods).
Thank you to the people who have newly volunteered. Welcome aboard! Our Department is staffed only by volunteer firefighters and medical responders.
Lookingglass Rural Fire District is looking for new volunteers. Do you have what it takes?